Love

Love

Tuesday 23 December 2014

A Sketch from Ulrika


It was Texture Tuesday today in the studio and the challenge was to use 3 papers from either of the new 7 Dots ranges I have in stock.

I came across this site the other day and checked it out - it has some great sketches - and Ulrika is very talented also, her work is lovely.

History.

I love this photo of my nanna, poppa and my dad. Nanna's face shows the love and pride she has for her only son.

 
 I have used 7 Dots - Thoughts Keeper.
The colours are so soft and lovely, just perfect for a heritage layout. I used 3 sheets - no 2, 3 & 5. I also used part of a Blue Fern set (the Splattered Circle), some washi and a whole bunch of random flowers that I had in my stash. I coloured the chipboard (no gesso) with Twinkling H2Os - I love the softness of the colour straight on the chipboard.

 
 I am so happy with the way this heart turned out - just what I wanted (woohoo!)

 

Family

So, anyway...  I loved the sketch so much (and couldn't decide which 7 Dots range to use today), so I did another, using the Destination Unknown range.
Again, I used 3 papers - Journey, Celestial and Night Sky. 



When I look at this photo now, it makes me smile. I had got a copy from Aunty Jean and when I showed dad, he said that nanna hated the photo!  Apparently, she was always conscious of her weight - and didn't appreciate that the photo implies that it took 4 people (well, they are kids!) to balance out her weight at the other end of the boat!
 
 
 
 




 I also used a Prima stencil and stamp - and some flowers, Scrap Matrix chippie, Heidi Swapp stickers... and more random flowers.
 
They turned out so different - they hardly look like the same sketch!
 
Thanks for popping by, Cheers, Vicki

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki, your blog looks lovely and your work is stunning! So glad we are going to share the Journal Journey and even better, getting to know some more crafty ladies on my doorstep in Darwin!!!
    Ok to set up a new page on your blog, you first go to top right once you,ve signed in, and go to the DESIGN tab. On the left of screen, (under new post button), you will see a list of options. Click PAGES, then NEW PAGE. Create a title for your page like you would a blog post title, then PUBLISH. Then you need to configure your pages, by going to LAYOUT, on the list of options to the left. CONFIGURE page list, CHECK THE BOX OF YOUR NEW PAGE TAB, and you will see that you can arrange tabs in order of preference.Then SAVE.As far as posting to your pages, I think you have to always post in the same post by editing the post. As far as I know there is no option for separate posts like your home page??? Hope you get it sorted, I added a new page today for my Art journaling, so I now have 3 tabs at the top of my blog!!! Hope you can visit and check it out!!! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog Vicki! I too cant wait to get together with some new crafty friends. I have been talking about some Photography classes in Darwin, I have had a few people ask me and It's just another thing on my list of TO Do's. Maybe this will be the year!!! I am teaching Scrapbooking and craft at my kids' school in Term 1 this year, just one afternoon a week, after I've organised those classes, I may get a chance to think about it!!

    ReplyDelete