Love

Love

Tuesday 21 April 2015

1st May
 

Scrap Matrix Sponsors Kraft + this month!

 
Thanks to the lovely Sandra for welcoming Scrap Matrix to be involved.  We love the Kraft + challenge site - and challenges, and have incorporated them into our regular Texture Challenge Tuesday workshops. 
Last month the studio saw a couple of 'new challenge enterers' join in the Kraft + fun, and I hope even more will this month.  I would love for the sponsor prize to be won by someone local.
 I challenge you Darwin Scrappers to enter! lol.
 
The prize pack is $50.00 worth of Scrap Matrix goodies... they might just come in handy next month!
 
This month the challenge board is right up my alley - beautiful rich tones... a bit girlie, a bit rustic... well that is how I interpreted it anyway - you may see it differently!

Here is the challenge...

 
And, yes, mine of course is a double.... but I had to use all 3 photos - they were the only ones we took! Plus, they were already printed, just waiting for this challenge perhaps?

Treasure Special Moments

 
 
My friend Bronwyn came to visit at Stokes Bay and it was so lovely to have her. It was like we had never been apart... We have never lived geographically close, so each time we spend is precious.
 
I love the main photo of her, she looks so relaxed and beautiful.  Then there are the other 2 photos.... just us being as silly as we were when we were in high school together!

Here are some close ups...

 
 
I was attracted by the image of the old books, tied with string, so the first thing I did was add some book paper and find some string! I cut some circle (rock!) shapes from the 7 Dots paper and added some filigree metal pieces and the string to tie it all together.  I used some pretty pearl brads and also some micro gold beads and some black chipped glass (inspired by the beaded bracelet).
Then I splattered some black acrylic paint and some Lindy's golden spray and added some stamping to the background.
 
All products were supplied by Scrap Matrix - of course!
 
 
 The photos were taken at Middle River on Kangaroo Island 2009.
 
 
Thanks again to Sandra for a fabulous challenge!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment